[PlanetCCRMA] Saffire Pro 10 not working on CCRMA/F10

linux media 4 linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Wed Feb 25 11:26:34 PST 2009

>> On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 22:20 -0700, linux media 4 wrote:
>>
>> My new focusrite Saffire Pro 10 firewire interface isn't working on my
>> CCRMA/F10 system.
>>
>> I did 'yum install ffado'. I turn the interface on and plug it in, but
>> cat /proc/asound/cards reveals no entry for it.
>>
>> It's marked as "supported" in the ffado Device support database. And
>> Googling revealed that someone has this interface running with Ubuntu
>> Studio 8.04 (64 bit) and FFADO 2.0 rc1 so I know it's possible.
>>
>> lspci reveals:
>> 02:01.2 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments PCI4451 IEEE-1394 Controller
>> (I think Texas Instruments are supposed to be the most supported)
>>
>> Anyone know how to get this interface working on a CCRMA/F10 System?

 > Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
 >
> Are you booting into the Planet CCRMA realtime kernel? The standard
> Fedora kernel has the wrong firewire stack compiled in and will not
> work.
>
> -- Fernando

uname -r
2.6.26.8-1.rt16.1.fc10.ccrma.i686.rt

This kernel should work shouldn't it?

I forgot to mention that when I first tried running jackd, I got a
SElinux complain and when I clicked the message it said:

Allowing Access
If you trust /usr/lib/libffado.so to run correctly, you can
change the file context to textrel_shlib_t. "chcon -t textrel_shlib_t
'/usr/lib/libffado.so'" You must also change the default file context
files on
the system in order to preserve them even on a full relabel. "semanage
fcontext
-a -t textrel_shlib_t '/usr/lib/libffado.so'"
Fix Command
chcon -t
textrel_shlib_t '/usr/lib/libffado.so'

I did the 'Fix Command' as root (chcon -t textrel_shlib_t
'/usr/lib/libffado.so') and it didn't complain again. I don't know if
this has anything to do with not being able to get this interface reconized.

(I will post more info in response to David Nielson's replay to this
thread after I send this)

Thanks,
Rocco