[PlanetCCRMA] [Jack-Devel] Trouble with planet ccrma?

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 5 14:52:43 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 10:35 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 13:39 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> > Trying to upgrade my system with yum, and including the planetupdates
> > repo, I get the message:
> > 	Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: planetupdates.
> > 	Please verify its path and try again
> > And, in fact, the directory:
> > 	http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/10/x86_64/
> > does not contain the subdirectory:
> > 	repodata/
> > as (I suppose) it ought to.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this problem?  Does anyone know a solution?
>
> (would be better to post this to the Planet CCRMA list)
>
> Just use the normal Fedora update mirror system. Due to lack of disk
> space I can't carry all mirrors at this time. You can disable the
> planetupdates mirror by editing /etc/yum.repos.d/planetccrma.repo (I
> thought I had disabled it by default...).

I am perplexed.  Do you mean that there should be a "mirrorlist=..."
entry in planetccrma.repo?  If so, what should this entry be?

Currently the updates portion of planetccrma.repo reads:

[planetupdates]
name=Fedora Updates at Planet CCRMA $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/$basearch
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
gpgcheck=1