[PlanetCCRMA] Last good midi kernel?

Carl Bauer carl.a.bauer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 15:12:01 PST 2009

Hi Tracey,

I have tried all versions between the last 2.6.24rt f9 kernel and
2.6.26.8-1.rt13.4.fc9.ccrma.i686.rt (Will try the new one not 5 min after
getting home :)

With each, I have tried as many ways of seeing a raw midi signal as I can
think short of writing my own program (kmidimon, arecordmidi, etc.). This is
probably the wrong path (at work right now), but doing: cat
/dev/asound/Audigy2/MIDI#### shows received packets at zero always.

My card is Audigy 2 ZS Pro (the one with the cd-drive bay I/O panel, which
is how I interface midi). What confuses me most is how I can send midi
signals to my keyboard flawlessly, just not the other way. (I highly doubt
my keyboard is not sending midi signals, but that's another worst case
scenario i'd rather not consider now).

Was midi working well in the f8 kernels?

-Carl