[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 10 + CCRMA + FFADO RC1 = Happiness

Chris Nutt chris.nutt at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 1 14:34:08 PST 2009

Hello everyone

I just wanted to drop a word of thanks to those involved in helping me
and my band record a 14 track 8 hour session without a single xrun. It's
worth pointing out that I used to use Sonar on XP for this and it was
fairly stable - but I used to get at least one failure during an 8 hour
session. This linux setup is rock solid.

I used the following kit (for those who have been discussing what kit
works well on the ffado lists):

- Lenovo Thinkpad Z61p (this has a fast disk and TI chipset 1394
(firewire) on board)
- Focusrite Saffire Pro 26IO Firewire Audio Interface (I love the
preamps on this unit - and the company are Linux friendly - magic)
- Presonus Digimax FS

This set up was very quick to get up and running and gave me no problems
at all. Install Fed10 - add CCRMA - add FFADO (from CCRMA repos) Great work!

Many thanks again
Chris

//