[PlanetCCRMA] lenovo t61, fedora 8 and ccrmart kernel: X session fails

Fri Jan 25 09:51:01 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 17:16 -0800, Judy Hawkins wrote:
> I just installed Fedora 8 on my lenovo t61, which worked fine; did yum
> install  planetccrma-core; now when I log into the Gnome session it dies
> with the following .xsession-errors:
>

> SESSION_MANAGER=local/unix:@/tmp/.ICE-unix/3114,unix/unix:/tmp/.ICE-uni
> x/3114
> ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL front:0
> ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL front:0
> Window manager warning: Failed to read saved session file /home/judy/.m
> etacity/sessions/default1.ms: Failed to open file '/home/judy/.metacity
> /sessions/default1.ms': No such file or directory
> 11
>
> ** (nm-applet:3211): WARNING **: nm_object_get_property: Error getting
> 'WirelessEnabled' for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager: The name org.fre
> edesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files
>

> ** (nm-applet:3211): WARNING **: nm_object_get_property: Error getting
> 'WirelessHardwareEnabled' for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager: The name
>  org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files
> error getting update info:  Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd
> .xml) for repository: fedora. Please verify its path and try again
> Window manager warning: CurrentTime used to choose focus window; focus
> window may not be correct.
> Window manager warning: Got a request to focus the no_focus_window with
>  a timestamp of 0.  This shouldn't happen!
> Failed to kill esd (pid 3180)
>
> Any suggestions?

Weird. Does this happen only when booting into the rt kernel? Or also
with the normal Fedora kernel?

One quick test you could do is to create another (new) account and login
to that one. If that is successfull then most probably some
configuration file in the other account is messed up.

-- Fernando