[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 7 issue

Len lenb_99 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 09:24:00 2008

Sorry if this is a little off-topic ...

Has anyone had issues with networking in Fedora 7?  I'm on my fourth
 install and second network interface and I'm still having problems.
Everything works fine with the install, updates, RT kernel install,
 and
 CCRMA updates.  My network interface is recognized and all seems
 great.
I'm dual-booting, and networking works flawlessly in XP.  However, in
 Fedora I'm able to make one or two connections (sometimes more), but
 eventually it starts dropping packets until finally 100% packet
 loss/host
 unreachable.

Previously, I was running FC5 (happily) on an 800MHz Intel CPU with
512MB RAM, but I upgraded my MOBO/CPU/RAM so made the switch to Fedora 7.

The Fedora 7 install is on an ASUS A8V-XE MOBO with VIA K8T890 chipset,
Athlon 64 X2 (Socket 939) CPU, 2 GB RAM.  I'm running the 32-bit version of Fedora
 7.

At first I thought the onboard LAN (Realtek RTL8201CL) was the culprit,
 so I popped in my old Kingston 10/100 PCI NIC card, then disabled the
 onboard LAN in the BIOS and re-installed Fedora.  Still had the same
 problem.

Again, my apologies for being off-topic.  Any suggestions would be
 appreciated, including a more appropriate place to ask the question.  Just
 wondered if anyone else had experienced the same kind of problem,
 since I
 think quite a few people are using the Athlon 64 CPU and VIA chipset
 for
 audio work (which is why I decided to go with it - I remember Mark Knecht had
good things to say about that configuration).  I'm wondering if
 one
 of the updates broke something?  I kind of hate to go back to FC5, and all
these re-installs are getting to be a real pain.  I'm getting to know the Fedora
installer really well, though...

Thanks in advance,
Len

Be a better friend, newshound, and