[PlanetCCRMA] Jack shuts down unexpectedly

Fri Jan 18 08:56:01 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 08:25 -0500, Gilles Pelletier wrote:
> In fedora 7 I open jackd, rosegarden and ZynAddSubFX. it works for a
> while, then shuts down with the following messages:
>
> **** Begin quoted text ******
> (snip)
>
> load = 4.4496 max usecs: 983.000, spare = 22236.000
> jackd watchdog: timeout - killing jackd

Something in the jack graph (the connected applications or jack itself)
is not responding in such a way that jack hangs. What happens next is
that jack's watchdog thread recognizes the condition and kills the whole
thing. Which version of jack are you using? What is the soundcard you
are using?

-- Fernando