[PlanetCCRMA] kmod-nvidia spec file kmodtools

Juan I Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Feb 21 12:21:01 2008

> You can add "rt" as a known variant in kmodtool before trying to build,
> this is what I have used in the past for kernel modules:
>
> knownvariants=@(rt|BOOT|PAE?(-debug)|@(big|huge)mem|debug|enterprise|
> kdump|?(large)smp?(-debug)|uml|xen?([0U])?(-PAE))
>
> Note the added "rt" at the beginning.

Hi Nando,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion!

On the new fc-8 kmod-nvidia livna spec-file there is no line with 'knownvariants'

However, I was able to find on the kmodtool-rpm the file:
/usr/share/kmodtool/kernel-variants

which contains the definitions you are mentioning.

I changed the line and now looks like,

@(rt|BOOT|PAE?(-debug)|@(big|huge)mem|debug|enterprise|kdump|?(large)smp?(-debug)|uml|xen?([0U])?(-PAE))

However, it still doesn't recognize rt Kernel but it builds modules for PAE and other Fedora stock Kernels.

There is no kmodtool configuration file.

BTW, I don't seem to find Kernel-headers for kernel 2.6.24.2-1.rt1.3.fc8.ccrmart

  Best of all,

  --* Juan