[PlanetCCRMA] video audio issues update

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Wed Feb 20 11:33:02 2008

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 07:29, Tom Poe wrote:
> I am on the FC8 $ uname -r
> 2.6.23.15-137.fc8PAE  kernel
>
> I ran the command:
> ]$ ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -s 320x240 -i /dev/video0 -f oss -ac 2 -i
> /dev/dsp -f mp4 testsync.mp4
>
> and created a video that is satisfactory for youtube consumption:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW366sD36Mk
>
> I followed the steps Nigel suggested to back out uvcvideo module with
> rmmod uvcvideo
> which put the webcam as plugged in, audio running, but no video.  Then I
> ran modprobe uvcvideo, which loaded after audio, so webcam functional.
> There still is no sound from webcam microphone, but I can get fairly
> good sync with the plugin microphone I have, using /dev/dsp and oss.
>
> In searching, I found a little info on my webcam, Logitech Quickcam Pro
> 9000.  Nothing clear to indicate anyone has their audio webcam feature
> working, though.  Camera is too new, I guess.
> Tom

Hi Tom. As I've said. it would be nice to have the camera, and try out various
options. be that as it may, how about this.

Boot up with the camera plugged in. Then do a rmmod uvcvideo, followed by a
rmmod snd-usb-audio. Now the camera is plugged in, but both video, and sound
are not available.

>From what I saw on Google the sound needs to be started first for this camera,
so let's do it this way now.

modprobe snd-usb-audio
followed by
modprobe uvcvideo

Just clutching at straws, and I doubt if it will work, but worth a try all the
same.

All the best.

Nigel.