[PlanetCCRMA] Upgrade fails

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Feb 20 10:08:01 2008

On Wednesday 20 February 2008, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 18:10 +1100, Nicholas Manojlovic wrote:
> > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> > Error: Missing Dependency: libvamp-hostsdk.so.1.0.0 is needed by
> > package sonic-visualiser
> >
> > I've been getting this for a few days. Ccrma problem I assume?
>
> On which version of Fedora? This is what provides that library:
> > rpm -q --whatprovides libvamp-hostsdk.so.1.0.0
>
> vamp-plugin-sdk-1.0-2.fc6.ccrma
> (replace fc6 with fc7/8 for others).
>
> It looks likevamp-plugin-sdk is actually there in the repositories for
> fc6/7/8.

Yeah, I've been getting this for a week or so, too, on an otherwise fully
updated F8.  Seems sonic-visualiser needs to be rebuilt with the newer
libvamp, as the error happens when trying to update vamp-plugin-sdk.  I've
been manually excluding the vamp update in the updater up until now.
--
Lamar Owen
www.pari.edu