[PlanetCCRMA] video audio issues update

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Tue Feb 19 22:36:00 2008

I am on the FC8 $ uname -r
2.6.23.15-137.fc8PAE  kernel

I ran the command:
]$ ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -s 320x240 -i /dev/video0 -f oss -ac 2 -i
/dev/dsp -f mp4 testsync.mp4

and created a video that is satisfactory for youtube consumption:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW366sD36Mk

I followed the steps Nigel suggested to back out uvcvideo module with
rmmod uvcvideo
which put the webcam as plugged in, audio running, but no video.  Then I
ran modprobe uvcvideo, which loaded after audio, so webcam functional.
There still is no sound from webcam microphone, but I can get fairly
good sync with the plugin microphone I have, using /dev/dsp and oss.

In searching, I found a little info on my webcam, Logitech Quickcam Pro
9000.  Nothing clear to indicate anyone has their audio webcam feature
working, though.  Camera is too new, I guess.
Tom