[PlanetCCRMA] testing: new jack, new ardour 2.4

Wed Apr 16 11:02:00 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 21:15 -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:
> Thanks Fernando! I tired to use Jackdmp with SuperCollider and for
> some reason it didn't work (I'll post SuperCollider's output later).
> jackd does work fine.

I still don't know why SuperCollider refuses to run with jackdmp by
default. But I have a workaround. If you are running SC from emacs start
it like this (with jackdmp already running):

JACK_NO_START_SERVER=yes emacs -sclang

for some reason SC is trying to start a new jackdmp server and fails,
which is prevented by the environment variable if set.

-- Fernando