[PlanetCCRMA] 32 & 64 bit FC

Wed Oct 24 09:39:01 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 06:53 +0100, joey.a wrote:
> Sorry, I am still a bit confused here. Do the various software packages
> which are still 32 bits actually already run on 64 bit versions of FC, or
> not?
>
> If not, might I be better off installing a 32 bit version of FC initially?

The 32 bit version of fc is the one that has the most packages
available. Stuff like pd and supercollider (as noted in a different
thread) are missing. Depending on what software you need you might be
better off with the 32 bit version (which will run just fine on 64 bit
capable hardware).

-- Fernando