[PlanetCCRMA] Sine waves in real time

joey.a joey.a" <joey.a at accelerators.co.uk
Sun Oct 21 02:30:03 2007

Message: 1

(Context: >> In the Scheme version of Snd, I get about 180 such sines)

Thanks. That is a fast clock. From this I get that your Scheme algorithm has
~ 12% the efficiency of the SuperCollider algorithm, if you are running the
CPU flat out, or ~ 23% if you are referring to 50% CPU loading.
Understandable, really, because a look up table should always be faster than
computing a sin (or even a log) function.

> > Although I don't yet understand the syntax you are all using, I don't
think the
> > 44100 KHz referred to below, has anything to do with the above, which
> > will largely dictate how well any given software is going to perform.
>
> oops - 44.1 KHz -- a typo.

That sounds more like it! Standard audio sampling rate ;-)