[PlanetCCRMA] Re: sine waves in real time

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Oct 19 13:45:01 2007

> "Which processor and clock speed are you using?"

3.8 GHz Pentium 4.

> Although I don't yet understand the syntax you are all using, I don't think the
> 44100 KHz referred to below, has anything to do with the above, which
> will largely dictate how well any given software is going to perform.

oops - 44.1 KHz -- a typo.  The higher the srate, the fewer the voices you'll
get in real time, or any other time for that matter.  My point was that you get
more voices than you can use in software synthesis even in a language like Scheme
where you don't have to wear a hard hat to program.