[PlanetCCRMA] supercollider GUI

Thu Oct 18 09:53:00 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 23:12 -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been exploring Supercollider lately and I was wondering if the
> GUI aspect is working on Linux. I read here
> http://swiki.hfbk-hamburg.de:8888/MusicTechnology/591 that it is not
> implemented yet but I don't know if this is outdated information.  I
> tried some of the examples inside /usr/share/SuperCollider/Help/GUI
> but I just got errors... I'm quite new to it so I'm not sure if I'm
> doing the right thing (I was just cutting and pasting code and trying
> to run it). I've tried other code non-GUI related and SC seems to work
> fine. Basically I'm interested in the possibility of using SC with a
> GUI to display controllers (sliders, knobs, XY, etc).

Yes, it is implemented. Look at SwingOSC as the solution, it is a java
based server that takes care of doing gui things for you and the latest
versions of SC have a much better integration than older ones. You need
to install Java - the Sun version, I think - for it to work, I can't add
that to Planet CCRMA because the license does not allow me to
redistribute it. The Planet CCRMA package is supercollider-swingosc, I
think (you get everything I have if you install supercollider-world).

-- Fernando