[PlanetCCRMA] Re: sound card control

Gilles Pelletier pellgill at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 13:57:01 2007

Here I am again.
With alsacontrol, I got sound from my line-in to my monitors. So my
sound card transfers sound in and out.
I can't record with audacity. (with fc6 I could.)
I tried starting jack with qjackctl, then running the audio into jamin
to see if there was any activity: nothing. Jack starts ok. One x-run.
Tried arecord, with the following results:
arecord -d 10 -f cd -t wav -D copy foobar.wav
ALSA lib pcm.c:2144:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM copy
arecord: main:545: audio open error: No such file or directory
I don't really understand the output.
Can you give me an idea of what to do next?

--
Gilles
- Who (or what) is Macduff?