[PlanetCCRMA] fc6 openmotif

Thu Jun 21 10:58:01 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 17:15 +0000, James Hearon wrote:
> Hi,
> Trying to build SoXt on fc6.  I downloaded the ccrma openmotif packages, but
> can't seem to actually find it and SoXt configure compains:
>
> checking for a Motif development environment... no
> configure: error: couldn't compile and link with Motif
>
> Does this have to do with some kind of licensing issue?

Nope, the current fc6 packages (this may change again in the future,
sorry) are installed in /opt/openmotif so that they are completely
separated from potential file/directory conflicts with lesstif. You will
need to point your openmotif include and lib paths to the proper place
(and perhaps add some incantations to add the non-standard path to the
runtime linking process).

-- Fernando