[PlanetCCRMA] Re: [PlanetCCRMANews] fc6/fc7: YAK!! and

Jonathan Segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Wed Jun 20 14:54:00 2007

On Jun 20, 2007, at 12:00 PM, planetccrma-request@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 13:02 +0100, Andrew Longland-Meech wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Fernando, how do I get all these new goodies (kernels, etc) you've
>> released recently? They are not showing up in Yumex or command-
>> line yum
>> at all. I only get the standard Fedora kernels showing as new. Do
>> I need
>> to to enable/disable repositories or is there an updated repos
>> listing I
>> should have? I'm on fc6 by the way.
>
> They should show up automagically if you have the Planet CCRMA
> repositories properly set up in yum. Do you have the "planetccrma-
> repo"
> package installed? What do you see in /etc/yum.repos.d/?

note, the new one may have showed up in /etc/yum.repos.d/ as
planetccrma-repo.RPMnew or something that needs to be renamed. if you
use command like yum updating, you might want to make a subdirectory
to house the regular fedora-repos (mine is /etc/yum.repos.d/NOT/ )

> The metadata is not reread every time you invoque yum, there is a
> holding time defined in /etc/yum.conf, I think the default is 3600
> seconds (which means repos will not be reread if they have been read
> within the last 3600 seconds).

i was having a problem with yumex in fc6, everytime it was invoked it
spent a long long time recalculating meta data and such. nearly
unusable unless i could wait all afternoon. fc7 seems to work better
in many ways (plus the whole gnome looks nicer.)
side note: supercollider works again in fc7 on the pentium3.  hmm.
Jonathan Segel                 4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
jsegel-magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite-yahoo.com