[PlanetCCRMA] openmotif rpm for f7

Fri Jun 15 12:06:01 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 11:43 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 11:09 -0400, Leonid Flaks wrote:
> > I installed openmotif-2.3.0-0.3.fc7.ccrma on fedora 7 recently. The
> > library files are installed under /opt/openmotif directory tree.
> > Postinstall script  runs ldconfig, but it would not go into openmotif
> > directory.

[that's a bug in packaging, I guess]

> > As a result applications don't see openmotif libraries. To
> > fix that I made a file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/openmotif.conf with one line in
> > it: /opt/openmotif/usr/lib, which solves the problem.
> >
> > Could this (or similar) fix be applied to the rpm?
>
> I don't know, the problem is that for legal reasons openmotif was
> dropped from Fedora and lesstif conflicts with it. I don't think you can
> install lesstif and motif at the same time, and most probably installing
> a package that includes a library search order by default will conflict
> and/or break existing lesstif apps (I have not tested that) - either now
> or in the future if the library so names match.

I just checked and at least currently in fc7 the so versions don't match
(between lesstif and openmotif) so it would be possible to add an extra
loader path. Anyone out there sees a problem with doing this?

[BTW, which applications are you using/building that need openmotif?]

-- Fernando