[PlanetCCRMA] fc7 nvidia, madwifi; ntfs

Matt Barber brbrofsvl@gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 12:16:06 2007

------=_Part_17408_32232068.1181330128195

Hello,

Nvidia and madwifi drivers from livna rebuild against fc7 ccrma-rt.  I
haven't tested madwifi yet, but the build is clean.

Nvidia drivers seem to work for most x11 needs, but opengl apps like
celestia are wonky with both X11/nv and nvidia proprietary on my system, and
crash the x server (immediately with proprietary, after time with x11), with
the rt kernel (livna nvidia w/ standard fedora works fine) -- I'll be
testing on other systems with nvidia to see if it's just the one card...
perhaps there's a patch that can be applied.

Livna kmod-ntfs rebuilds with a patch (I copied it into a previous post),
but as another ccrma user posted recently, it looks like ntfs-3g is taking
over?  It seems to come standard with fc7.  I don't see kmod-fglrx yet --
might exist on a different repo or under a different name.

Also, what is going on with yum!?  It's SO much faster than in fc5 and fc6,
at least over here.

Matt