[PlanetCCRMA] planetccrma-apps and and audacity-nonfree

Knut-Håvard Aksnes kna@tirsdagsklubben.nu
Fri Jun 8 11:58:00 2007

--------------030803030709010707050509

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 11:35 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>  =20
>> On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 20:27 +0200, Knut-H=E5vard Aksnes wrote:
>>    =20
>>> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>>>      =20
>>> Isn't it possible using triggers for these packages in the rpm file
>>> instead of static dependencies?
>>>      =20
>> Never tried using them. Do you have an example I could use?
>> (btw, thanks for the report!)
>>    =20
>
> It does not look likely I can use them, what I would need is something
> like "if packagex is installed then don't install packagey". Triggers
> apparently "trigger" in one package when there are rpm changes in
> another which is not what happens when I install planetccrma-apps.=20
>
> The only thing I did come up with so far is having a
> "planetccrma-apps-livna" package that does the right thing if you have
> installed something incompatible with the original apps.=20
>
> -- Fernando
>
>  =20
What about some kind of extra  wrapper packages one for each of the
audacity packages, the only thing the wrapper packages does
is to add a common virtual package capability and to require the
matching audacity version. planetccrma-apps requires this new common
capability.

--------------030803030709010707050509

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Knut-H=C3=A5vard Aksnes
n;quoted-printable:Aksnes;Knut-H=C3=A5vard
adr;quoted-printable:;;Barbug=C3=A5rdsveien 35;4846 ARENDAL;;;Norway
email;internet:kna@tirsdagsklubben.nu
tel;cell:+47  928 23 680
note:Skype: KHAksnes
x-mozilla-html:TRUE