[PlanetCCRMA] planetccrma-apps and and audacity-nonfree

Fri Jun 8 11:46:01 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 11:35 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 20:27 +0200, Knut-Håvard Aksnes wrote:
> > Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > > Hmmm, hard to fix in a compatible way... if I drop audacity from that
> > > meta package then it does not get installed, if I add the non-free one I
> > > make livna a requirement (I don't want to do that). I don't see an easy
> > > way out so far...
> > >
> > Isn't it possible using triggers for these packages in the rpm file
> > instead of static dependencies?
>
> Never tried using them. Do you have an example I could use?
> (btw, thanks for the report!)

It does not look likely I can use them, what I would need is something
like "if packagex is installed then don't install packagey". Triggers
apparently "trigger" in one package when there are rpm changes in
another which is not what happens when I install planetccrma-apps.

The only thing I did come up with so far is having a
"planetccrma-apps-livna" package that does the right thing if you have
installed something incompatible with the original apps.

-- Fernando