[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel-rt doesn't boot (fc7)

Orcan Ogetbil orcanbahri@yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 10:27:05 2007

--- Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 19:51 -0700, Orcan Ogetbil
> wrote:
> > Thanks for the Fedora 7 packages. I wanted to give
> the
> > new kernel-rt a try. It didn't boot. It hung up
> right
> > in the beginning, giving messages like:
> >
> > ------
> > Uncompressing Linux....
> > Red Hat mash version 6.0.9 startinh
> > mount: could not find filesystem "/dev/root"
> > setuproot: moving /dev failed: no such file or
> > directory
> > setuproot: error mounting /proc: no such file or
> > directory
> > setuproot: error mounting /sys: no such file or
> > directory
> > Kernel panic - not syncing...
> > ------
> >
> > I noted these things down before I switched back
> > the old kernel. They are almost accurate. I hope
> > someone finds a solution to this.
>
> Hmmm... looks like it is not finding the root
> partition (should not be
> the case but it would see that it could be a
> /dev/hdx vs. /dev/sdx
> issue). What do you have in /etc/fstab?
>
> I have to spend some time in double checking the
> kernel configuration
> files for the rt kernel against the ones that come
> with the standard
> fedora kernel. Maybe there are differences... (the
> config files I'm
> using come from pre-fc7 versions of Ingo's source
> packages).
>
> -- Fernando

That's what I thought as well (sdx, hdx issue).

Here's my fstab:
---
LABEL=LOGVOL1    /      ext3    defaults        1 1
#/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01  / ext3    defaults   1 1
LABEL=/boot   /boot     ext3    defaults        1 2
#/dev/sda1    /boot     ext3    defaults        1 2
devpts        /dev/pts  devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
tmpfs         /dev/shm  tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /old  ext3  defaults   1 2
proc          /proc     proc    defaults        0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol02 /pub  ext3  defaults   1 2
sysfs         /sys      sysfs   defaults        0 0
LABEL=SWAP-sdb1  swap   swap    defaults        0 0
#/dev/sdb1    swap      swap    defaults        0 0
LABEL=SWAP-sda2  swap   swap    defaults        0 0
#/dev/sda2    swap      swap    defaults        0 0
---

The commented out lines are the device names for the
LABEL's. I tried commenting out the LABEL's and
instead putting the device names in.

But I got the same lockup.

http://sims.yahoo.com/