[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel-rt doesn't boot (fc7)

Fri Jun 8 09:57:03 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 19:51 -0700, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> Thanks for the Fedora 7 packages. I wanted to give the
> new kernel-rt a try. It didn't boot. It hung up right
> in the beginning, giving messages like:
>
> ------
> Uncompressing Linux....
> Red Hat mash version 6.0.9 startinh
> mount: could not find filesystem "/dev/root"
> setuproot: moving /dev failed: no such file or
> directory
> setuproot: error mounting /proc: no such file or
> directory
> setuproot: error mounting /sys: no such file or
> directory
> Kernel panic - not syncing...
> ------
>
> I noted these things down before I switched back to
> the old kernel. They are almost accurate. I hope
> someone finds a solution to this.

Hmmm... looks like it is not finding the root partition (should not be
the case but it would see that it could be a /dev/hdx vs. /dev/sdx
issue). What do you have in /etc/fstab?

I have to spend some time in double checking the kernel configuration
files for the rt kernel against the ones that come with the standard
fedora kernel. Maybe there are differences... (the config files I'm
using come from pre-fc7 versions of Ingo's source packages).

-- Fernando