[PlanetCCRMA] ZynAddSuFX...

Nexxus Six nexxusix@yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 22:48:01 2007

--0-1639758366-1184305671=:31447

Hi all,
I'm having some issues with ZynAddSubFX. The biggest problem is it's lack of program change capability. While I see the code is partially implemented within ZynAddSubFX, the routine for Program Changes tells it to skip the info. So, with that being, I've been asking around on a few lists if there would be the possibility of writing a routine within ZynAddSubFX to implement Program Changes within a bank. It would be nice. I'm told that because Zyn is a real time synth, it wouldn't be possible without stopping the sound first...

Upon scouring the internet for other possible solutions, I saw that some where using a "rack" to run multiple instances of one synth that was preloaded with a patch (in Zyn's case, you can load 16 patches, one per channel)

Is there any such thing available for Planet CCRMA? A rack of sorts that you could switch multiple instances of ZynAddSubFX (or any other synth that lacks program changes...)

Any suggestions? It seems I can't convince Paul Nasca to add the routine.... and nobody out at Google Summer of Code has responded either. comp.os.lang.c++ says the code isn't even valid c++, because the routines are written for g++. This is all kind of frustrating, and hinders my ability to use ZynAddSubFX to it's fullest potential.

Any thoughts / comments / imporvements / ideas welcomed...

-NexxuSix

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/