[PlanetCCRMA] SoXt and Openmotif

Thu Jul 12 13:12:01 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 19:53 +0000, James Hearon wrote:
> Hi,
> fc6 .couldn't seem to get SoXt to work again Openmotif.  Can build SoXt
> using Openmotif, and can compile basic program using SoXt and Coin, but get
> runtime error on shared lib libXm.so.4.
>
> Went back and tried building SoXt using lestiff, which doesn't seem to use
> libXm.so.4, and seems to work now.
>
> I guess there are CCRMA apps which use openmotif however, so will try to
> keep the /opt motif package separate from the /usr lestiff one.

For openmotif to work on other software than snd you will need to add an
option to the ld switches so that it knows where to look for the shared
libraries.

Another snd version was just released so I'll see if I can get a new
openmotif build that installs in the usual places and does not conflict
with lesstif (apparently the .src.rpm package in centos5 is good).

-- Fernando