[PlanetCCRMA] cardbus echo indigoIO on FC5/CCRMA system (was: Audio interface for laptop on FC5/CCRMA system)

linuxmedia4@netscape.net linuxmedia4@netscape.net
Sun Jan 7 10:37:01 2007

ernst@pulsewidth.ca wrote:
> I recently got and indigoIO for my laptop( running FC5/CCRMA). The
> card worked straight out of the box. I haven't quite got my head
> around the echomixer utility, but the bottom line is that it works and
> works well. I thought about getting the indigoDJ, but I figured I'd
> get more use out of an input pair.

Thanks ernst,

I just needed that little bit of reassurance. There doesn't seem to be
any (simple, 2 channel, affordable, good quality) sound cards I've read
up on that even works (I'm on LAU and this group). Some take tons of
work to get install correctly and then don't have certain functionality
or are flakey. I just needed to hear someone come right out and say "yes
it works".

Let's not forget... there's a big difference between "it works with my
linux distrob" and "it works with FC5/CCRMA". There's so much weeding
out to do to lead to actually getting a good card (at least a good
quality 2 channel card).

I'm looking forward to trying the card out. Maybe I can actually start
producing some music.

Thanks,
Rocco