[PlanetCCRMA] Audio interface for laptop on FC5/CCRMA system

linuxmedia4@netscape.net linuxmedia4@netscape.net
Thu Jan 4 20:04:01 2007

 >> Is anyone using an audio interface on FC5/CCRMA that works
 >> with a laptop?

 > i use two on a regular basis, both work easily and well on
 > fc5, using a sharp p3 laptop.
<CUT>
 > the other is a cardbus echo indigoIO, it's a simple mini-plug
 > in and out but is 24/48. also very easy with current alsa etc.

Thanks for offering this. This looks very good!!! I would just like to
know a few things...

Just to make sure... are you using the cardbus echo indigoIO on an
FC5/CCRMA system?

Which kernel?

Were there any steps I need to know to get it up and running?

Any quirks, I need to know about?

Could you tell me about your hardware/setup, so that the next question
will give me a better gauge...

...are you getting fairly good, uninterrupted recording when you have a
few tracks playing and several being recorded at the same time? What
happens when you get up to 10 mono 24/48000 tracks playing and 2 mono
tracks being recorded?

Are you using anything as a midi interface (this will be my next step
after purchasing this)?

Thanks again for pointing this card out. I'm excited to try it...
Rocco