[PlanetCCRMA] conflict in files/packages question

Thu Jan 4 18:34:04 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 14:35 -0600, Tom Poe wrote:
> I am running FC5, and used the command:
> yum install *fluidsynth-*
> It reports the following, and I'm not sure how to clean it up.  Any help
> appreciated.
> Tom
>
> Downloading Packages:
> (1/8): libfluidsynth-deve 100% |=========================| 193 kB    00:07
> (2/8): fluidsynth-dssi-de 100% |=========================|  94 kB    00:03
> (3/8): fluidsynth-1.0.7a- 100% |=========================|  16 kB    00:00
> (4/8): fluidsynth-dssi-0. 100% |=========================|  46 kB    00:01
> (5/8): fluidsynth-debugin 100% |=========================| 422 kB    00:15
> (6/8): dssi-0.9.1-8.fc5.i 100% |=========================|  46 kB    00:01
> (7/8): fluidsynth-devel-1 100% |=========================| 129 kB    00:04
> (8/8): fluidsynth-libs-1. 100% |=========================| 486 kB    00:18
> Running Transaction Test
> Finished Transaction Test
>

> Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/lib/libfluidsynth.so.1.1.1 from
> install of fluidsynth-libs-1.0.7-6.a.fc5 conflicts with file from
> package libfluidsynth-1.0.7a-1.rhfc5.ccrma

Yeah, that's a change of name of the package in Fedora Extras
(fluidsynth-libs) that conflicts with the Planet CCRMA naming
(libfluidsynth). You should be able to install one or the other but not
both at the same time as you are trying to...

-- Fernando