[PlanetCCRMA] drop outs with FC8 and latest CCRMA kernel

Mysth-R mysthr21 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 10:38:00 2007

------=_Part_25366_27257018.1199126221055

2007/12/28, Hector Centeno <hcengar@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> It wasn't until today that I did some serious audio work using my
> desktop with FC8 and CCRMA. I reported some time ago about having
> problems with an Edirol FA-101 and Freebob. They seemed to be solved
> after a kernel upgrade but now I found that they were just partially
> solved. Jack doesn't die anymore while playing back with Ardour but I
> get frecuent sound interruptions up to a second long. During these
> interruptions the playback cursor in Ardour stops and then restarts. I
> get the same behaviour with Aqualung (music player that can use jack).
> Also I got some system freezes that required hard resetting.  Same
> system but using a USB audio interface (M-Audio Transit) and Jack/Alsa
> works fine.
>
> Hector

Yes I got the same issue  with the 2.6.23 last kernel.
Downgrading to the 2.6.22 works perfectly. It seems that it is a kernel
problem. Perhaps, it will be solve with the next one...
Anyway, it works pretty good, and I don't have to re-install Fedora 7 !! :)

tip : don't forget to correctly set your rtirq Script.

Happy new year !!!

--=20
*
************
*  {^_^} Mysth-R {^_^}
*
* http://myspace.com/mysthr
* http://myspace.com/aideauditive
* http://mysthr.free.fr/Joomla  =3D> Site d=E9di=E9 =E0 l'audio sous
Fedora/PlanetCCRMA.
*
************

------=_Part_25366_27257018.1199126221055

href=3D"mailto:hcengar@gmail.com">hcengar@gmail.com</a>&gt;:</span><blockqu=
ote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204=
); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
Hello,<br><br>It wasn&#39;t until today that I did some serious audio work =
using my<br>desktop with FC8 and CCRMA. I reported some time ago about havi=
ng<br>problems with an Edirol FA-101 and Freebob. They seemed to be solved
>solved. Jack doesn&#39;t die anymore while playing back with Ardour but I<=
br>get frecuent sound interruptions up to a second long. During these<br>
interruptions the playback cursor in Ardour stops and then restarts. I<br>g=
et the same behaviour with Aqualung (music player that can use jack).<br>Al=
so I got some system freezes that required hard resetting.&nbsp;&nbsp;Same<=
br>system but using a USB audio interface (M-Audio Transit) and Jack/Alsa
a.stanford.edu">PlanetCCRMA@ccrma.stanford.edu</a><br><a href=3D"http://ccr=
ma-mail.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/planetccrma">
http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/planetccrma</a><br></blockq=
uote></div><br>Yes I got the same issue&nbsp; with the 2.6.23 last kernel.<=
br>Downgrading to the 2.6.22 works perfectly. It seems that it is a kernel =
problem. Perhaps, it will be solve with the next one...
 7 !! :)<br><br>tip : don&#39;t forget to correctly set your rtirq Script.<=
m/mysthr">http://myspace.com/mysthr</a><br>* <a href=3D"http://myspace.com/=
aideauditive">http://myspace.com/aideauditive</a><br>* <a href=3D"http://my=
sthr.free.fr/Joomla">
http://mysthr.free.fr/Joomla</a>&nbsp; =3D&gt; Site d=E9di=E9 =E0 l&#39;aud=