[PlanetCCRMA] jackd won't start on fc8 with audiophile 2496

Bengt MÃ¥nsson bengt.mansson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 07:41:01 2007

------=_Part_11738_27664585.1198856442308

Hi
I have been searching all archives and see that quite a few people have had
problems with jackd. I have not yet seen any hints on how I can fix my
problems, so I ask you guys.

I have a new built desktop computer and have just installed fc8, done an
upgrade, and installed planetccrma kernel and all as described in the
instructions.
(I first failed to install fc7, lacking drivers, but that is a different
story.)

aplay -l is able to find the card.
alsamixer too.
With envy24control I can also see that sound input is working.

I start Qjackctl and click start. First it looks ok but after a half minute
it stops again with he following messages:

ALSA: poll time out, polled for 31998611 usecs
DRIVER NT: could not run driver cycle

I start rosegarden and get no audio at all. MIDI out is working fine.
Haven't got MIDI in working at all.

Any hint from anyone?

Bengt

ps:
My hardware is an MSI P6NGM motherboard, with an Audiophile 2496 soundcard.
It also has a Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2GHz and one Samsung SpinPoint T166
250GB SATA2 disk.