[PlanetCCRMA] Re: [PlanetCCRMANews] For Newbie: Better to use Fedora 7? ISO respins for Fedora 7?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Dec 19 14:10:02 2007

On Sunday 09 December 2007, Chuck Cooper wrote:
> There seem to be lots of (understandable, temporary) glitches with the very
> new Fedora 8 Planet stuff. Would it be easier for a newbie (me) to start
> with Fedora 7 and the Fedora 7 version of Planet?

While I don't have an answer to the jido portion of your e-mail, I do have a
comment on this.

I'm running F8 on my laptop, and am testing the PlanetCCRMA stuff on F8 on the
laptop.  I've found kernel-rt to be very unstable on this laptop; hard hangs
are frequent, especially under heavy I/O loads.

On the other hand, I use F7 + PlanetCCRMA heavily on my desktop doing
multitrack production, and it has been quite stable thus far.
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer