[PlanetCCRMA] F7 i386 or F7 x64??

Sun Dec 16 15:49:00 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 21:19 -0800, pyrael wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > It would seem so, as far as I remember those apps are available for
> > x86_64. Things like chuck, pd and supercollider are missing, which you
> > apparently are not interested in.
> >
> > x86_64 does not see much testing from my part.
> >
> > Is there a particular reason why you want to change architecture?
> >
> well, I have a dual core 64 bit CPU and am running a 32 bit OS. Plus, I have
> had troubles with installing K9copy due to missing libraries that I have
> only found to be available in F7 64 bit rpms or the fedora testing repo. If
> you know where I may find those libraries, and can see no other need for me
> to switch, I'd gladly follw that path (as installing 64 bit would most
> probably mean reconfiguring my studio)
>
> Here's a partial list of libraries that I cannot find:
> mencoder:
>  Depends: libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.7)  but it is not installable
>  Depends: mplayer (= 1.0-0.91.20071201svn.lvn9)
>  Depends: libmpcdec.so.5  but it is not installable
>  Depends: libdvdread.so.4  but it is not installable
>  Depends: libx264.so.56
>  Depends: libdca.so.0
>
> That's only a few. There were more, but I didn't copy/paste them for later
> reference.

Have you added the proper livna to your list of repositories? You can
install k9copy from there directly. And I don't see if needed, for
example, GLIBC_2.7 at all.

> When I try to install glibc 2.7 from fedora testing or livna testing (using
> kyum) it complains that other packages are needed but cannot be located.
> Then when I try to install those packages, it say it needs the previous ones
> to install it but cannot find them. So, I figured that I would just install
> x86_64 and fix it that way.

Maybe it was a temporary dependency glitch in livna? I currently have
k9copy for f7 i386 installed with no problems (well, I had to revert to
1.1.1-2.rerel3.lvn7 because of issues with 1.1.2). I didn't need nor
would I recommend using Fedora testing...

-- Fernando