[PlanetCCRMA] F7 kernel-rt sources to apply patches to

Mon Aug 27 11:14:00 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 22:12 +0200, andersvi@extern.uio.no wrote:

>     a> We'll see how far i get....
>
> Not very far it seems.  I dont know much about recompiling kernels,
> but first guess is the patch from alsa is aimed at 2.6.22 kernels and
> more recent versions of alsa-libs, and doesnt work on 2.6.21 kernels?
>
> If someone may help shed some light onto this id be happy.

Sorry for the delay, was away teaching a workshop in Mexico... (just
back and slowly catching up)

Probably too late by now but here it goes anyway...

The f7 planetcore repository has kmod-alsa-rt packages that include a
fairly up to date set of alsa kernel modules that have support for the
t61 (at least for the one I have). You should be able to yum install
them if you are running a Planet CCRMA kernel. I also have been testing
a 2.6.22.x realtime kernel but have not released it yet (for the t61 I
also had to build a patched xorg-x11-drv-i810 package to disable the
automatic resolution scaling that happens otherwise). There's also a
kmod-ipw3945-rt package for wireless if you have that card...

-- Fernando