[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA *not* in the press

Jeff Sandys sandysj@juno.com
Tue Aug 7 09:58:02 2007

My two cents: European magazine, European distributions.

When I started the choice was PlanetCCRMA or Agnula.
Now Agnula is dead, long live PlanetCCRMA.

I installed UbuntuStudio on my wife's computer after the
experience I had building an Ubuntu computer for my inlaws.
Now my wife can help her parents with their computer, and
she might do some scoring for her string quartet.

And I like the Pure:Dyne live CD (Dynabolic).  One of their
packages is Fluxus, a mashup of PLT Scheme with OpenGL,
ODE free body dynamics and OSC sound.  I need to recompile
PLT Scheme with some different options to get Fluxus to work
in Fedora/PlanetCCRMA.  I have Pure:Dyne docked/nested
on my laptop.

I think the improvements in the Fedora build process will help
make PlanetCCRMA a stronger contender in the future, with
the ability to make a live CD/DVD and directly install with ease.

-- Jeff Sandys