[PlanetCCRMA] CCRMA rt Kernel and video drivers

Fri Aug 3 12:50:02 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 18:16 +0000, James Hearon wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm green at video drivers and kernels.  Trying to get my older Radeon
> Mobility 7500 ATI to work better for OpenGL.  Using the CCRMA Kenel(s).
>
> If I install a video driver whilst using a CCRMA Kernel, ex.
> # yum install xorg-x11-drv-fglrx kmod-fglrx glx-utils
>
> does that mean when the kernel gets updated, which it frequently does, then
> I need to reinstall the video driver too?  I'm not very clear on how the rt
> kernel works.

For each kernel you install there must be a "kmod-fglrx" that matches it
(ie: one kmod-* package per kernel). I don't currently provide binary
video driver packages so you will need to rebuild the package for the
Planet CCRMA kernel if you need to use it (you will also need to install
kernel-rt-devel).

-- Fernando