[PlanetCCRMA] CCRMA rt Kernel and video drivers

James Hearon j_hearon@hotmail.com
Fri Aug 3 11:17:01 2007

Hi,
I'm green at video drivers and kernels.  Trying to get my older Radeon
Mobility 7500 ATI to work better for OpenGL.  Using the CCRMA Kenel(s).

If I install a video driver whilst using a CCRMA Kernel, ex.
# yum install xorg-x11-drv-fglrx kmod-fglrx glx-utils

does that mean when the kernel gets updated, which it frequently does, then
I need to reinstall the video driver too?  I'm not very clear on how the rt
kernel works.

thanks.

Puzzles, trivia teasers, word scrambles and more. Play for your chance to
win! http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_hotmailtextlink