[PlanetCCRMA] metapackage exceptions

Michael E. Smith melkhorn@gmx.de
Sat Apr 21 01:50:02 2007

Hi there:

I'm wondering if there is an easy way for me to modify a metapackage.

Specifically, I'd like the one application that I build from source to
not break the planetccrma-apps metapackage, thereby uninstalling all of
the package's other apps.

Goes like this:

	1. I install planetccrma-apps metapackage; Bliss!
	2. I get the bright idea that I might want to use a VST plugin with
ardour. OK, this is academic, as I don't have any VST plugins that I
even want to use. Further, I'm very "pro" LADSPA. But still, I gotsta
try it, right!?
	3. I remove ccrma's ardour before installing my own build and...
	4. Dependencies dictate removal of all planetccrma-apps.
	5. Crap!
	6. So then I don't remove ccrma's ardour and install my own build right
over top of ccrma's wondering if I'm unclean.

Do I worry too much? Or do I just need to make my own metapackage? Can
anyone nudge me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Michael