[PlanetCCRMA] File-browser & nm-applet

Dan Easley daneasley@gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 15:18:01 2007

Thanks for your translation last week, Fernando. ;)

On 4/6/07, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 11:06 -0600, Mitch L Pond wrote:
> > After resent,
>
> What do you mean "after resent"?

He means after a recent update - two days ago.

> > 2 days ago, update nm-applet claims to already running.
> > The file-browser runs with no connection to the file system, trying to
> > kill it repeatedly does nothing and my desktop is totally useless, no
> > Menu or icons.
> > The 2 problems seam related. and have tried to re-update.
> > Luckily FF and TB spawn automatically.
>
> What are FF and TB?

These must be firefox and thunderbird (email client)

> > All updates are CCRMA. FC5
> > Anybody else experiencing this and/or have a fix.
>
> I don't think I follow what's happening.
> Could you describe the problem in more detail?
>
> If you do a "top" do you see a process using a lot of cpu or other
> resource?

Sounds like X isn't loading a window manager or something like that.
Is there some fedora package-reconfigure sort of command that would
restore Xwindows defaults?

--
daneasley@gmail.com
dan@towndowner.com dan@burntpossum.com