[PlanetCCRMA] No sound whatsoever...

christopher melen chris_melen@yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 14:48:01 2006

Hi Fernando,

'cat /proc/asound/cards' gives  -

0 [AudioPCI ]:ENS1371 - Ensoniq AudioPCI
              Ensoniq AudioPCI ENS1371 at Oxecc0, irq
9

'cat /proc/asound/devices' gives -

8:  [0- 0]: raw midi
17: [0- 1]: digital audio playback
16: [0- 0]: digital audio playback
24: [0- 0]: digital audio capture
0:  [0- 0]: ctl
1:        : sequencer
33:       : timer

'ps axuw|grep arts' yields nothing, but 'ps axuw|grep
esd' gives -

root      3986   0.0   0.2   3720  640    pts/1    s+
  21:46      0:00 grep esd

esd doesn't seem to actually be running, so nothing to
disable there. Still no sound even after trying gamix
(don't seem to have alsamixer, and couldn't open
qamix).

I have been testing the soundcard from the system
menu.

Chris

--- Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>