[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA digest, Vol 1 #1858 - 2 msgs

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Tue Oct 24 18:03:01 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 17:44 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Even if that made it to the mainline kernel I bet it would take quite a
> while for that to be enabled in a stock Fedora kernel...

Just out of curiosity, what do you think is the best way to measure the
impact of kernel tuning on audio performance?

The default Fedora kernel is built with CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY.  What
would CONFIG_PREEMPT do?  What about increasing the timer frequency?
etc...

AG