[PlanetCCRMA] library errors with Rosegarden and Ardour

Scott Petersen scottpetersen@frontiernet.net
Wed Oct 18 21:16:02 2006

Hi all,
     I've recently switched to FC5 and have been slowly discovering neat
little broken things.  My latest finds have been Ardour and Rosegarden.
While Rosegarden doesn't crash (or rather refuse to load) it does throw
a string of errors a mile long, and has (as you'll see from the output)
no LADSPA support.  Ardour, on the other hand, doesn't load at all, it
simply runs through a series of errors, those encountered by Rosegarden,
and quits without even a sign of life (sadness).  I really don't know
what to do with libraries that aren't functionally describing things
correctly enough, however, so I'll put the outputs below so you can
peruse and let me know what you think.  Many thanks in advance.

ROSEGARDEN OUTPUT (selections only -- too long for all of it!)

WARNING: LADSPAPluginFactory::discoverPlugins: No descriptor function
in /usr/lib/libXt.so
WARNING: LADSPAPluginFactory::discoverPlugins: No descriptor function
in /usr/lib/libXTrap.so
WARNING: LADSPAPluginFactory::discoverPlugins: No descriptor function
in /usr/lib/libXtst.so
WARNING: LADSPAPluginFactory::discoverPlugins: No descriptor function
in /usr/lib/libXv.so
WARNING: LADSPAPluginFactory::discoverPlugins: No descriptor function
in /usr/lib/libXvMC.so
WARNING: LADSPAPluginFactory::discoverPlugins: No descriptor function
in /usr/lib/libXvMCW.so
WARNING: LADSPAPluginFactory::discoverPlugins: No descriptor function
in /usr/lib/libXxf86dga.so
WARNING: LADSPAPluginFactory::discoverPlugins: No descriptor function
in /usr/lib/libXxf86misc.so
WARNING: LADSPAPluginFactory::discoverPlugins: No descriptor function
in /usr/lib/libz.so

ARDOUR OUTPUT

ardour: [ERROR]: /usr/lib/libksync2.so: undefined symbol:
ladspa_descriptor
ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: module "/usr/lib/libXp.so" has no descriptor
function.
ardour: [ERROR]: /usr/lib/libXp.so: undefined symbol: ladspa_descriptor
ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: module "/usr/lib/libarts_audiofile.so" has no
descriptor function.
ardour: [ERROR]: /usr/lib/libarts_audiofile.so: undefined symbol:
ladspa_descriptor
ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: module "/usr/lib/libMagick.so" has no
descriptor function.
ardour: [ERROR]: /usr/lib/libMagick.so: undefined symbol:
ladspa_descriptor
ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: module "/usr/lib/libplc4.so" has no descriptor
function.
ardour: [ERROR]: /usr/lib/libplc4.so: undefined symbol:
ladspa_descriptor
ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: module "/usr/lib/libkcalkonnector.so" has no
descriptor function.
ardour: [ERROR]: /usr/lib/libkcalkonnector.so: undefined symbol:
ladspa_descriptor
ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: module "/usr/lib/libnss3.so" has no descriptor
function.
ardour: [ERROR]: /usr/lib/libnss3.so: undefined symbol:
ladspa_descriptor

-Scott