[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA digest, Vol 1 #1858 - 2 msgs

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 23:03:01 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 23:33 +0300, Beepo / Vanguard wrote:
> Fernando is doing amazing job keeping up with Fedora releases and always
> tries to provide the most stable system available. However as I've
> understood there's more than enough work to do so I suspect that the
> usable Planet CCRMA on FC6 will take at least couple of months after the
> official release of FC6.

Several of the key PlanetCCRMA packages will be available immediately in
Fedora Extras 6 (for x86, x86-64 and PowerPC), and the more help we get
packaging the better.  Anybody interested in helping should check out
this site:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Contributors

That being said, I think PlanetCCRMA contains some packages that will
never go in Extras (LinuxSampler has licensing problems for instance).

As for the kernel, my understanding is that many of Ingo's real-time
patches have been accepted into the upstream 2.6.18 kernel, which is
what we have in FC6.   I know very little about the real-time kernel
patches.  Will 2.6.18 still require patching?

AG