[PlanetCCRMA] ardour and jack

DA. Forsyth steampipe@iwr.ru.ac.za
Wed Oct 4 06:48:02 2006

last week I installed FC5 + ardour on my new computer (P4 3ghz,512mb RAM,
Intel chips), with a Delta 1010LT card.    I'm new to Fedora (I use
FreeBSD at work) and Ardour and am struggling to get jack to recognize (or
to do something recognizable by me) as input via the Delta.  I am using
qjackctl.
the motherboard's sound card appears to be recognized ok, and the delta is
listed, but when I selected it, I got a jack error.  this was a few days
ago and I havn't had a chance to look at it again as I'm busy building a
snake and so on for an upcoming show (dress rehearsal on 7th, show on 14th
Oct. so I'm a little busy and the details of the error are hazy now.  all
this means I need a fast track to setting up for 8 inputs to Ardour and
recording them.   I'll figure out mixdown later on.... just need to get
the audio onto the harddrive at this point.

Please Help....

I'll be setting it all up tonight for some testing, since I got the mixer
yesterday (borrowed) so now can actually input something audio flavoured
rather than just messing with software.

If I cannot fast track this I'll have to install XP and 'Live 4 lite' that
came with the card, and I don't really want to do that.

--
David                       http://iwr.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/
If you receive email saying "Send this to everyone you know",