[PlanetCCRMA] FC5: Which yum repos to enable?

blindman jones erleichda@gmail.com
Wed May 31 20:18:01 2006

I have these enabled...

/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-core.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-extras.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/freshrpms.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/macromedia-i386.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/planetccrma.repo

And when I update, if command line I use...

[blindman@onondaga ~]$ su -c 'yum update --exclude=kernel'

I started using Yumex though... so I "Select All" on the updates then
I deselect the kernel... I could actually install it and reset
grub.conf to boot the ccrma kernel, but this is so easy... why bother?

maybe there is a way to make it always ignore that kernel somewhere in
yum... but again, this is so easy... :)

hope that helps,
mjr