[PlanetCCRMA] Naming conflict between planet ccrma and fedora extras

Mon May 8 10:55:03 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 06:53 -0700, Anthony Green wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 15:46 +0200, Knut-Håvard Aksnes wrote:
> > Two widely different packages both named muse exists in these two
> > repositories. The one in fedora extras is a publishing package for emacs
> > and xemacs.
>
> (Another good reason these packages should go in Extras now :-)

There's no lack of reasons... :-)

> FWIW, my suggestion is to rename the musical muse package to
> "muse-sequencer", which matches the project's web site
> (www.muse-sequencer.org).

Could be, but muse is not only a sequencer.

Perhaps use the capitalization of the project name instead:
  MusE

Or looking at the page of the conflicting package:
  http://www.mwolson.org/projects/MuseMode.html
shoud be emacs-muse or muse-mode, right? :-)

Any alternative is bad, there's no upgrade path without manual
intervention on the part of the user. I can't use the "obsoletes /
provides" trick for changing package names as the old name is a valid
package and its current version is older that Planet CCRMA's muse
package. Any ideas?

-- Fernando