[PlanetCCRMA] FC5 PlanetCCRMA and x86-64 Cpus

Jan Depner eviltwin69@cableone.net
Sun May 7 11:59:01 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 10:34 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > > Not yet because I have not built kernel packages for x86_64. I do intend
> > > to do that (ie: have an x86_64 version).
> >
> > Great!
> > I'm going to install FC5 x86-64 then!:)
>
> I _intend_ to... it's not gonna be ready by tomorrow :-)
> -- Fernando

    Any idea when you will be starting on this?  I've got an AMD64
system but I'm running FC4 32 bit at the moment.  Since I have little or
no recording planned in the near future I wouldn't mind trying that out.
Also, do you have any information on rt patches or xruns using 64 bit
systems?

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744