[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Extras

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Sat May 6 12:26:00 2006

Hi Fernando,

	Andy Shevchenko submitted jack-audio-connection-kit to Fedora Extras
for review a few weeks ago.  I didn't see much happening on the
PlanetCCRMA FC5 front, so I subsequently submitted a collection of audio
apps: http://people.redhat.com/green/FE/FC5/ .  These are virtually all
updates of your PlanetCCRMA packages (updated upstream sources, spec
files changes for FE compatibility, etc).

	A few months ago there was a discussion on this list about moving some
packages from PlanetCCRMA to Extras.  I took the JACK submission as a
cue and started submitting.

	I believe there's a group of people interested in helping maintain
audio apps in Extras.  What is your position on this now?

	I just read your recent post about starting to work on the FC5
PlanetCCRMA.  If I may be so bold, why not use this opportunity to push
apps/libraries into FE, while maintaining the custom kernel in
PlanetCCRMA?  The Extras contributor infrastructure is stable and easy
to use.  There's also been discussion of creating an Audio SIG for
Extras (with our own list, wiki site, etc).  What do you think?

AG