[PlanetCCRMANews] Re: [PlanetCCRMA] fedora core 5 support: a start (and fc4)

Thu May 4 15:42:04 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 14:50 -0700, MJackson@unpress.nevada.edu wrote:

> Thank You for all your hard work.
>
> Is there really a reason to upgrade to fc4? I have fc3 right now and
> it's doing good.

Then don't "fix" it :-)

If you are happy I'd wait and jump to fc5 directly (or fc6 or whatever).
Probably the only thing that you miss by staying in fc3 - perhaps not
now but it is going to happen - is that new applications or newer
versions of existing applications will eventually not compile on top of
fc3 because they will need newer versions of core package that would be
impossible to upgrade (things like gtk2 or qt or whatever).

-- Fernando